What are the Vital Things to Take into Account for Disaster Preparedness?
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. We are all susceptible to experiencing the dangers brought about by disasters. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the compass of this article, we can’t talk about all of the disaster preparedness tips one by one. There are just a lot of tips, on the other hand, we will tackle a couple of them just the important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. And also, make certain that you have cash on hand since there is a high probability that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that some stores are still open.
6. This one must always be an absolute must. Be sure that you take time to learn about CPR techniques as well as first aids. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.
Source: emergency kits